Bringing Canadian Travel Agency Owners Together.
We are the association for Canadian Travel Entrepreneurs, a grassroots networking organization that has been formed by Canadian Travel Entrepreneurs. There are no membership dues nor mandatory meetings. We are simply united by one thing – being leaders and owners in the travel agency community in Canada. Whether you have a retail brick and mortar storefront, second level office, or you work from home, whether you have your own IATA or are being hosted, as long as you classify yourself as a dedicated travel agency owner, and not an employee or hobbyist, this group is for you.
To join please go to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadiantravelentrepreneurs
Please note that this website is temporary as we are building our permanent home at www.the-cate.org. We will be announcing this launch shortly.
June 2021 Agenda
We’re just catching our breath from processing refunds and QUOTING up a storm again now that the quarantine has been lifted for returning Canadians! Check back soon for for a July meeting!
May 2021 Agenda
Advocacy remained our focus in May. We collected hundreds of signed paper petitions that were mailed to us with a deadline of May 15th, extended to May 30th. We attended many Zoom meetings with government officials and sent out multiple letters both advocating for our industry’s support and to find the right MPs who would present our petitions at the House of Commons.
The following MPs were selected and are very supportive of our cause;
Honorable MP Chris Bittle
Member of Parliament for St. Catherines
61 Geneva St #1, St. Catharines, ON L2R 4M6
Honorable MP John Barlow
Member of Parliament for Foothills
109 4 Ave SW, High River, AB T1V 1R3
Honorable MP Scot Davidson
Member of Parliament for York Simcoe
45 Grist Mill Rd #10, Holland Landing, ON L9N 1M7
The next step is for them is to submit the signed petitions for review and approval and be registered for a date to be presented at the House of Commons.
April 2021 Agenda
Advocacy remains our focus this month. Did you know that if a paper petition has a minimum 25 signatures and is presented to an MP, that MP must motion it in the House of Commons? It’s time we get the old-fashion pen out and start signing petitions!
We have 3 paper petitions to sign and gather by May 15th. They are:
Travel Agency Support:
- Top up the CEWS and CERS for high impacted sectors to match their total revenue loss to maintain jobs and office leases.
- Forgive the CEBA loan for those small businesses that have demonstrated a minimum 75% revenue loss for 15 months to aid in their recovery.
- Federally-funded sector-specific grants for the Travel and Tourism Industry as they were affected by the federal travel restrictions.
- The inclusion of travel agencies in any tourism economic recovery plan mandating that Canadian citizens book their domestic travel stimulus packages, if any, through a Canadian travel agency
End The Hotel Quarantine:
- Immediately end the mandatory 3-night hotel stay for incoming travellers and replace it with the rapid COVID-19 testing.
Inclusion of Travel Agencies in Domestic Travel Stimulus:
- Create a safe re-opening and recovery plan to include the lifting of travel restrictions in 2021 or replace them with rapid testing.
- Create a stimulus package to encourage Canadians to travel domestically.
- Include Canadian travel agencies in the stimulus package by mandating that the travel reservations must be made through a Canadian travel agency or travel agent.
April Zoom Meeting Link:
Mark your calendars! You are also invited to our April Zoom meeting for all Canadian Travel Agency Entrepreneurs.
Wednesday, April 21st, 2021
12:00 PM EST
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
March 2021 Agenda
We focused our efforts this month on government lobbying and advocacy work. A year into the pandemic and the airlines in Canada nor the travel and tourism industry have received sector-specific support from our provincial or federal governments, yet we’re the highest impacted industry and have been affectively been asked to suspend flights and shut down our businesses. This year, the federal government enforced tighter travel restrictions such as the mandatory 3-night hotel quarantine, that has been proven to be ineffective in stopping the spread of Covid-19.
We are meeting with MMPs and MPs and urge you to write with yours and to your Premier and the Prime Minister. We can assist you in scheduling and/or attending a zoom meeting. You have a voice but together we have a roar.
Zoom advocacy meeting with Honorable MP Bob Bratina, of Hamilton/Stoney Creek, Ontario.