April 2021 Agenda
Advocacy remains our focus this month. Did you know that if a paper petition has a minimum 25 signatures and is presented to an MP, that MP must motion it in the House of Commons? It’s time we get the old-fashion pen out and start signing petitions!
We have 3 paper petitions to sign and gather by May 15th. They are:
Travel Agency Support:
- Top up the CEWS and CERS for high impacted sectors to match their total revenue loss to maintain jobs and office leases.
- Forgive the CEBA loan for those small businesses that have demonstrated a minimum 75% revenue loss for 15 months to aid in their recovery.
- Federally-funded sector-specific grants for the Travel and Tourism Industry as they were affected by the federal travel restrictions.
- The inclusion of travel agencies in any tourism economic recovery plan mandating that Canadian citizens book their domestic travel stimulus packages, if any, through a Canadian travel agency
End The Hotel Quarantine:
- Immediately end the mandatory 3-night hotel stay for incoming travellers and replace it with the rapid COVID-19 testing.
Inclusion of Travel Agencies in Domestic Travel Stimulus:
- Create a safe re-opening and recovery plan to include the lifting of travel restrictions in 2021 or replace them with rapid testing.
- Create a stimulus package to encourage Canadians to travel domestically.
- Include Canadian travel agencies in the stimulus package by mandating that the travel reservations must be made through a Canadian travel agency or travel agent.
April Zoom Meeting Link:
Mark your calendars! You are also invited to our April Zoom meeting for all Canadian Travel Agency Entrepreneurs.
Wednesday, April 21st, 2021
12:00 PM EST
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.